Hiking Treks and Walking Guided Tours of Hermanus, South Africa
Guided walks and hikes around our beautiful seaside town of Hermanus, South Africa
Tailor-made walks and hiking treks to suit all ages & abilities. We can easily customize any hiking tour for you - below are a few ideas of where you can explore -
Fitness level EASY -
1. A half day walking and sightseeing tour of Hermanus that may include the New Harbour, Old Harbour, Museums and Hoys Koppie (small hill in town) and a set menu lunch depending on your requirements.
2. Half day contour path departing from Mountain Drive to Grotto beach via Fernkloof Nature Reserve. On this walk we will pass the Three Dams and all along the way you will have a breathtaking view of Hermanus, the ocean of Walker Bay and the outstanding scenery that surrounds us. Plenty of photo opportunities. An optional finish at Grotto can include a set menu lunch depending on your requirements.
3. New Harbour to Old Harbour (with option to Grotto beach – full day) - This half day cliff-top walk includes a visit to the Abalone Perlemoen farm where we will join in a fun and informative tour about these treasures of the sea and we will be given a well prepared tasting too!
Fitness level INTERMEDIATE -
4. This half day De Kelders Cave (near Gansbaai) to Grotto beach via Die Plaat - hike will take you past some beautiful coastal scenery with plenty of photo opportunities and fresh air to lift your spirits! An optional finish may include a set menu lunch at Grotto beach depending on your requirements.
Fitness level CHALLENGING -
5. A half day Vogelgat Private Nature Reserve exploration hike high up onto the surrounding mountains with plenty of breathtaking moments from mother nature! A snack will be included.
6. Experience a birds’ eye view of Hermanus going up the zig-zag route from Voëlklip via the Jeep track to Fernkloof / Rotary Way mountain dirt road. A snack will be provided.
Please note that our hikes / walks are by request only and it is our aim in doing so to make it as personal an experience for you as possible.
We offer overnight hikes which are subject to hut accommodation availability. This promises to be an amazing experience in unspoilt nature. These includes dinner and a light breakfast.
Prices depend upon number of persons and desired route - please click to our PRICES page
Where applicable, snacks will be inclusive of your rates. Set menu lunches and extra drinks will be charged extra and according to dietary requirements. Please bring your own water bottles. Further requirements for your excursion, like what to wear, will be communicated to you upon booking made.
We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our beautiful town!
The Hiking Team in Hermanus
Percy Tours is Registered & Accredited with — Cape Wine Academy (so we are Wine Tour Guides); Hermanus & Cape Town Tourism Boards; Western Cape Tour Guides with CATHSSETA, HATT; 1st aid trained; and operate a fleet of luxury air-con modern vehicles with all the legal insurances, exams and road-worthy certificates, with professional Chauffeur Tour Guides on board for all your trips.
Please click our What to See & Do page for loads of holiday ideas and info.
Please click our Articles Main Menu Page to view our extensive library of South Africa tourism related Articles and Things to See and Do.
Safari Trips | Wine Tours | Great White Shark Cage Diving | Whale Watching Boat Trips | Night-life & Music | Hermanus | Paragliding | Massages | Sandboarding | Bungee Jumping | Sky Diving | Cuisine & Food | Helicopter Charters | Shopping | Plants & Botanical Gardens | Dyer Island & Sharks | Hermanus History | Photos of South Africa | Helicopter Trips | Cape Town | Beauty Treatments | Health Treatments | 3 Seater Cessna Plane Flights | Fynbos | Beaches | Penguin Colonies | Hot Air Balloons | Township Tours | Birds & Birding | Quad Biking | 3 week Travelogue Report | TripAdvisor | Accommodation | Kayaking | Blog | Media & Press | Big Cats | PRICES for ALL Activities and Adventures | Festivals | Abalone | BAD weather activities | Taxi Cab Transport | Weddings | White Water Rafting| Zip Lining | Weather Forecast for Hermanus | 100s of Activities | Instagram | TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS